Kestrel 1000 Pocket Wind Meter / Digital Anemometer | K1000
The Kestrel 1000 Wind Meter is the base model in our extensive assortment of Kestrel pocket weather meters. Simple and compact, the Kestrel 1000 fits right into the palm of your hand and weighs a mere 65 grams. It's also extremely durable and totally waterproof, allowing you to measure wind speeds in even the harshest weather conditions. Waterproof and floats.
Convenient and reliable, the Kestrel 1000 is the perfect tool for model plane pilots, kite boarders, and other outdoor enthusiasts who rely on accurate wind speed information. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
While any of our meters work work, the Kestrel 1000 is the most common for a DZSO (Drop Zone Safety Officer)
Winds can be measured on any Kestrel up to 135 mph. We only guarantee the accuracy of the measurement to be within tolerance up to 89 mph. Also at those speeds, we do not recommend any prolonged exposure as it could damage the impeller at those speeds for any prolonged length of time. It is similar to being able to measure very hot temperatures outside of the spec range but do not do it for any extended time.
- Reliable, portable, and easy to use
- Switch between mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort
- Measures wind speed, average wind speed, maximum wind gust
- Replaceable 1" impeller mounted on a sapphire jewel bearing
- Large easy-to-read LCD display with data hold function
- Neck lanyard with slip on covering & sure-grip over molding
- Completely waterproof and buoyant (will not sink)
- CR2032 coin cell battery lasts 300 hours
- Case weight: 1.3 oz - Unit weight: 2.3 oz
- Case Dimensions: 4.8" x 1.9" x 1.1"
- Unit Dimensions: 4.8" x 1.7" x 0.7"
- Shipping weight: 6 ounces
- Made in the USA