Precision Lab True-Blue Lake & Pond Dye, 1 Gallon | 431-01
TRUE BLUE is a proprietary blend of environmentally friendly, nontoxic, water-soluble dyes formulated to reduce sunlight penetration and impart a natural blue color when applied to ponds, lakes and fountains. TRUE BLUE is nontoxic to turf grass, birds, mammals, reptiles, fish or other aquatic species. Irrigation, swimming and other recreational uses are approved during and following the use of this product. Applications to chlorinated water may require more frequent treatment.
Features & Benefits:
- Long-lasting natural blue color
- Easy to use
- Highly concentrated
- Harmless to fish and wildlife
- Formulated to filter sunlight penetration needed for photosynthesis
- Apply one quart (0.95 L) per acre-foot* of water.
- In bodies of water over four feet deep: Determine the initial number of quarts of TRUE BLUE to apply by multiplying the surface acres of the body of water by 4. Once dye has been applied and dispersed, color intensity can be increased by adding additional TRUE BLUE, if desired.
- In bodies of water less than four feet deep: Determine the initial number of quarts of TRUE BLUE to apply by multiplying the surface acres of the body of water by the average depth. Once dye has been applied and dispersed, color intensity can be increased by adding additional TRUE BLUE, if desired.
*Recommendations are based on acre-feet of water. One acre-foot is the quantity of water that would cover one surface acre to a depth of one foot. One acre-foot of water is approximately 326,000 gallons.
Directions for Use:
For Application to ponds, lakes, fisheries and ornamental bodies of water, important: DO NOT apply this product to water intended for human consumption. DO NOT use this product for streams, rivers or other bodes of water, which are not under the control of the user.
Apply either directly from container along shoreline or pour from a slow-moving boat. Wind and water currents will slowly disperse and mix TRUE BLUE uniformly throughout the entire body of water. TRUE BLUE can also be applied by a hand-held “Hudson-type” pressure sprayer. Use caution in windy conditions. For best results, apply early in the spring and throughout the season as color intensity indicates